How much Apple Cider Vinegar should be added (ACV) to the chicken's drinking water?
1 Tablespoon per 4 Litres of Water
Ideal for general health, well-being and to help with the uptake of calcium in their diet when their absorption rate is down. This will be evident in weakened egg shells. Can be used daily.
2 Tablespoons per 4 Litres of Water
Best to give when the chickens are sick. Extra immunity booster.
Rules to remember with ACV
- Do not add ACV to metal drinking containers at it will react with the metal. Use plastic or PVC drinkers only.
- The Royal Rooster pvc pipe drinkers with drinker cups are exactly 4 Litres - makes for easy measurement.
- Do not add to water source if there is other medications in the drinking water such as worming or respiratory medication.
- Give during time of antibiotics to help gut health.
Supplement with a small bowl of plain Greek Yoghurt for them to eat, too to help with their gut. After antibiotics are finished, give a probiotic supplement in their feed for one week.
- Cloudy ACV is better than the clear supermarket variety. Stronger and more effective.
- Clean drinkers DAILY when ACV is added.