2. Water the hens' favourite dust bathing holes AND/OR add some ice for extra cooling
3. Fill up all water containers with half (1/2) to three quarters (3/4) full of ICE, the rest with fresh water
4. Add extra DRINKING WATER throughout their run or garden area under various shaded spots
5. Put up extra shade such as a plastic tarp, hessian sacks, shade cloth, old sheets or an backyard umbrella.
6. Freeze fruit treats in an old butter or ice cream container - let the hens work on it throughout the day
7. Use a mister. They use very little water compared to a sprinkler.