Here is my top 12 of mistakes many poultry owners make - and all can be fixed.
- Didn't realise a bird was Fly Blown/Struck (maggots eating flesh)
- Let a case of Bumblefoot go too far
- No Crow/Cock Collar killed the rooster
- Too many treats/wrong type of treats given to the flock
- Allowing a special/spoilt chicken in the house
- Bought new chickens (without quarantining) and infected the existing flock
- Clipped birds nails that didn't actually need clipping (blood everywhere!)
- Fed the laying hens medicated chick/pullet starter (Humans must not consume Coccidiostats!)
- Thought the reason why a hen was loosing feathers and stopped laying was due to mites - treated the hen and shed - took her to the vet only to be told it is molting season!
- Thought a rooster would help keep the foxes away (nope!)
- Accidentally purchased all male birds
- Bought bantams thinking that ALL bantam breeds are quiet
I can feel a Part 2 coming on. Can you add to the list?