There is NO extra calcium building up. That's just an illusion.
BUT it does mean that the MITES have moved in!!!
Scaly Leg Mites is fully treatable.
There are a few ways to treat poultry.
ALWAYS apply Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) to the affect bird's legs to smoother the mites and aid relief.
HOME WASH INSTRUCTIONS AND COOP CLEAN
Please be aware, when handling your poultry that mites are likely to also jump onto you during treatment.
- Hot wash all your clothing IMMEDIATELY after giving treatment.
- Have a hot soapy shower with hair wash - be thorough.
- Do not sit on any furnishings with your contaminated clothing, or you risk spreading mites to cushions, beds and carpets.
- If you have been bitten, you will find them especially on your torso.
- If you develop a rash response, use LyClear ointment from the chemist (follow the instructions!)